21 October 2008

Day -16 and Day -15 BMT


I reached Singapore General Hospital yesterday (20th October 2008) at 10.30 am and proceed to Hematology Center at 2nd level Block 6. About 15 minutes later, I was brought to Wad 48, placed in Room 8 (isolation) and was given warm welcome by the wad staffs. Then, I registered my admission at Admission Office. We were not having any problem during registration, although I thought there will be some problems with deposit. I'm glad that everything goes smoothly and very well-organized as scheduled.

In the ward, the detail BMT schedule was given by BMT coordinator starting from Day -16 to Day +28. I was seen by Dietician, educated on proper diet especially during neutropenic phase. The CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvic was performed in the afternoon. Blood tests was taken and I was started on antibiotic (Bactrim), anti-fungal (Voriconazole), anti-virus (Ancyclovir) and Allopurinol.

Generally, I am satisfied on how it was conducted. It is very efficient and professional. Just imagine, all pre-BMT work-up tests done in 1 day. I also managed to contact Dr Zamzida Yussof (ex-course-mate during undergraduate in UKM), she's now doing attachment at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. At least I know that I will have visitor later.

Today, bone marrow aspiration (BMA) was performed to assess remission status. Hopefully I'm still in remission. Family conference lead by Dr Goh YT, done in the afternoon, gave full information on the BMT procedure.

Visitors, Dr Zamzida, Shukri (GE) and Azie (GE's agent) visited me.

8 comments:

farhah hamzah said...

i hope everything will be ok..
we always support u..
luv u so much..

tekuha said...

Assalamualaikum.
Alhamdulillah.. kalu tengok dari komen kak nor tu, kito hok baco pun rasa lega sikit. Sibuk bena lah napoknya kemarin tuh. InsyaAllah, koho sibuk & koho letih, lagi koho banyok ganjaran pengampunan dosa dan juga pahala yg Allah bagi.
InyaAllah, hari-hari hok akan datang pun Allah akan permudahkan segala urusan kak nor dan abe za di sana.

drJanee said...

Walaikumsalam Har,
Abe za duduk menumpang kat rumah member di Clementi Avenue 1. Kebetulan dia duk sorang, bini dia balik indonesia. Malam abe za balik tidur kat rumah dia. Pagi2 gi kat kak nor naik MRT atau teksi.

syaheerah said...

assalamuailakum...
how r u there??
we here ok...
do not worry about us here...
syauqeena ok...
mkn byk...
syamel & kak ngah pon ok...
umah skrg dok wat pagar dh...
tanah dekat umah cina tu siap dah wat prata...
nak start wat pagar dh...
sumo ok...
haha...
hopefully u will better...
we love u so much..
we always for ur bless....
(^_^)

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum...
Alhamdulillah, kak nor nampak masih bertenaga dan sihat. Everything smooth. Harap kak nor makin sihat, sembuh dan tabah lebih dari sebelumnya. Insyaalah. semuanya akan lebih dipermudahkan-Nya....We luv u so much. Kita jumpa next week yer....

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum wrh wbr.
A very nice picture you have here.Simply love that pink attire of yours.Hope that you'll be in the pink of health always after the BMT,insyaallah.Felt very much relieved after looking at your picture and reading all the comments posted.Just one query on your diet - are you allowed to eat or drink any outside food?If yes,do you feel like eating or drinking anything from home?Perhaps,we could bring some for you on our upcoming visit next week,insyaalah.Till then,we'll keep in touch.
Warmest regards.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum. Kami doakan segala urusan seterusnya pun dipermudahkanNya. Semoga kak nor dan abe za tabah dan kuatkan semangat. Utk abe za, jaga kak nor baik2. Salam sayang dari kami,ore hulu langat...

Anonymous said...

Kak nor nampak sihat dan gembira...makan pun nampak sedap aje....nanti ya juga dapat rasa,kan. Insyaallah, 29hb ya akan ikut abe har ke S'pore n bermalam di Johor. 30hb pagi masuk S'pore semula. Semoga ia berjalan mengikut apa yg dirancang...
Kepada Syameel....baca lah buku unk exam nanti, k long ngan luqman dah selesai dah. Luqman ckp, nanti jumpa kat umah we dan to'ki...