The cells arrived in my room at 2.50 pm. One of the staff told me that I will have another birthdate to be celebrated from now on. He showed me two packets of blood. Then, I understand what he meant. Some preparations including checking the vital signs were done. While waiting for the tube to be connected, he asked me to take some photos.

Started to transfuse at 3.30 pm:

Fresh Peripheral Blood Stem Cell transplantation(PBST) in progress........................
Completed at 3.50 p.m. Now, over 5 million of new stem cells from my sister are within my body. Hopefully, they will find the correct place, grow and stay comfortably in new host. Be my best friend forever and help me to fight against cancer cells. Thankful to my sister for the donation of her cells.
One hour after completion of transplantation, develop reactions i.e severe headache, rigor, fever and low blood pressure. Again, I'm going down...................................
3 comments:
Assalamualaikum wrh wbr,
(Kak Nor and Yanee)
Praise upon Allah The Almighty upon completion of PBST.There's something I'd like to share with you both and perhaps with the rest of family members/acquantainces too.It's actually and old Nasyid(rather old;was popular during days when I was a student.However,I still listen to it (even now when I'm in calamity) as the lyrics weigh deep meaning to those who listen carefully;as follows:
Suci Sekeping Hati - Saujana
Sekeping hati di bawa berlari
Jauh melalui jalanan sepi
Jalan kebenaran indah terbentang
Di depan matamu para pejuang
Tapi,jalan kebenaran
Tak akan selamanya sunyi
Ada ujian yang datang melanda
Ada perangkap menunggu mangsa
Akan kuatkah kaki yang melangkah
Bila disapa duri yang menanti
Akan kaburkah mata yang meratap
Pada debu yang pasti kan hinggap
Mengharap senang dalam berjuang
Bagai merindu rembulan di tengah siang
Jalannya tak seindah sentuhan mata
Pangkalnya jauh,hujungnya belum tiba
P/s:Yanee,we have indeed received your text message via handphone.Our doa and prayers shall always be with you both.
With love from us in Malaysia
Assalamulaikum,
C.Yah harap nor tabah dan ingat setiap ujian Nya ada ganjaran yang telah ditentukan. Kami iringi doa semoga segala usaha akan diberkati.
ya - semoga cepat pulih semula. Your contribution is very meningfull to our family
Kakak, jaga ibu baik2,,,banyak pahala
Salam kasih sayang dan doa drp kami
dr, we all know u're strong!May Allah always protesct n bless u.Amin..indeed,HE always there for u.
with love from USM medical students
Post a Comment